Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Focusing

If I'm going to turn the scope onto usability testing and meta-information (metadata, information architecture, the "belly of the beast," so to speak), then I need to do a couple of things.

First I must answer, what does usability testing measure.

Second, I must define how metadata functions in the user experience.

Third, I must make a case for why metadata functionality should play a role in the user experience; for instance, if a user is going to search directly for a single item in a website, then why would s/he need to understand the navigability of the site itself?

Does this affect arrangement of finding aids on archival websites? How should arrangement of finding aids be affected, versus should we bother with that?

Finally, I'll need to shape the definition of usability testing to also encompass metadata usability.

No comments:

Post a Comment