Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Google warns newspapers not to anger readers"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7988561.stm

We are in the foothills of a burgeoning mountain of a conflict. This is quite fun. I suspect it's time for us to see some laws change toward intellectual property, copyright, advertising--just general information ownership. The legal system has been unwilling to touch the Internet with a ten-foot-pole, but the capitalist system can no longer survive under this kind of laissez faire attitude. I'm wondering how much the new presidential administration in the U.S. has affected this.

Hm.

I must admit: I'm having a _lot_ of fun with all of this fighting between giants--who wouldn't? It's Rupert Murdoch; it's Google! Two of my favorite multi-billion dollar entities...(well, maybe not in this economy). I commented about that to a friend, who replied, "That's not my idea of fun." It's a fun time to be a geek.

Sigh--pearls to swine, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment