Thursday, April 30, 2009

If everything was made by Microsoft

Link: http://www.cracked.com/article_17323_if-everything-was-made-by-microsoft.html

Title: "If Everything Was Made by Microsoft"

Heh. I love this. Had to share it. My favorite is the kitchen safety graphic.

I like posting something about Microsoft on here. I'm not normally one of those anti-M$ Mac users, though sometimes I do show my Mac colors, times like this. I still think Google is the company M$ needs to watch out for, but I do heart Google, despite its potential for evil.

I've resigned myself to the likelihood that I'd also gleefully relish the order imposed by Emperor Palpatine.


Second Link: http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/2679

Apparently, Google is striving to be on the cutting (bleeding?) edge of Web 3.0. To quote the article, "Under this latest iteration of advanced search, users will be automatically served the kind of news that interests them just by calling up Google’s page. The latest algorithms apply ever more sophisticated filtering – based on search words, user choices, purchases, a whole host of cues – to determine what the reader is looking for without knowing they’re looking for it." Hmm...so Google is using the AP's challenge as an excuse for attempting Web 3.0. Because, clearly, if I do a search on news concerning Oracle, that means I'm always going to want that and only that...And of course, what bothers ME the most is: Two people cannot perform the same search and get the same results.

This will be a research hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment