Sunday, March 14, 2010

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Except to brag about what a great week and a weekend it's been, there is little of value in this post. I just housed two of my closest friends and their three year old all week, and we had a ton of fun; my feline, Wulfram, is inconsolable that the child has left. I think three year olds are the most charming energy vampires in existence.

After cleaning house and doing laundry, I got to conclude the week with building a new computer--for myself, have needed a new desktop for a while; planting rose bushes (I'm attempting to start a rose garden); and making buttery buttermilk biscuits. It's spring, finally! Also, unless we get a late hard freeze, I should have peaches this year. (Playing in the yard is so buzz-worthy!)

It's been a great opportunity to put my brain into a cabinet and tell it to stop thinking. Well, there was a little trouble with installing the AMD CPU, but once I had the correctly-sized screws, the brain went back into the cabinet.

As I was digging the hole for the rosebushes, I kept trying to think of something profoundly Zen that connected building a computer, making biscuits, and planting, but all I could think of was a song by Chris Sand, Sandman, the Rappin' Cowboy, "Holedigger." "Diggin' holes don't pay the bills. I guess I do it for the thrills." (Here's a link to his site, though "Holedigger" isn't among the listed songs.) His best, most fun album hands-down is the one on which "Holedigger" appears.

Soon, pretty flowers will be appearing--purple and coral.

Also soon, I will return to server and software posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment